2016 Ontario Conservation Officer of the Year – Mark Lamont
Pembroke – The Ontario Conservation Officers Association (OCOA) is pleased to announce that Mark Lamont has been selected as the 2016 Conservation Officer of the Year. Mark currently works for the Pembroke Enforcement Unit.
Mark was presented with the award at the OCOA annual general meeting on Saturday August 13th. “Mark has been a Conservation Officer for 16 years and has had many great accomplishments during his career so far. Mark is one of those small town Conservation Officers who is excellent at balancing the community interest while enforcing the law. He is also a leader in mentoring new Conservation Officers as well as working with youth on many outreach programs.” said OCOA President Tim Rochette.
Mark has worked around the Province and some of his career highlights include:
- Recipient of the OCOA and North American Wildlife Enforcement Officers Association (NAWEOA) Certificate of Valor
- Lead officer in complex investigations including careless hunting investigations and a large commercial timber investigation
- Mentor for aspiring officers as well as current Conservation Officers
- Volunteer on committees with Ducks Unlimited and the Pembroke Outdoor Sportsmen Club
- Created the Pembroke Kid’s Fishing event and Youth Mentor Hunting program in Pembroke
While accepting the award Mark humbly stated “this is not my award, this is a team award. I have worked with a lot of phenomenal officers and have gained a little bit of knowledge from every one of those officers. There are many more officers out there more deserving of this than me.”
Mark was also presented with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) Officer of the Year award as well as the Shikar-Safari Club International Wildlife Officer of the Year Award by Matt Orok, Provincial Enforcement Operations Manager of the MNRF Enforcement Branch.
For complete details visit: http://ocoa.ca/tributes/other-awards/mnr-officer-of-the-year/mark-lamont/
For more information contact:
Tim Rochette, President
Ontario Conservation Officers Association