Conservation Officer TIPS LINE 1-877-TIPS-MNR


When to report

You should report any illegal activity against Ontario’s fish and wildlife, species at risk, shore lands, forests, provincial parks and conservation reserves, petroleum, aggregate resources and public lands.

These can include:

  • the illegal sale of species at risk, wildlife or animal parts
  • fishing or hunting out-of-season
  • taking more fish or game than allowed
  • unlawful night hunting or shooting from a roadway
  • dumping waste on Crown land
  • illegally removing sand, gravel or wood from public lands
  • having fires in restricted fire zones or without a permit
  • illegal activities in provincial parks and protected areas

What to report

When you call TIPS-MNR, your call may be recorded and you may be asked to provide:

  • your name and contact information
  • details about the suspected activity
  • vehicle information (e.g. licence plate number, make, model and colour)
  • date and time of day
  • location (road, lake, street address, landmarks)
  • description of any people involved in the incident

All calls to 1-877-TIPS-MNR are reviewed by a conservation officer. If your call requires action, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry will follow up appropriately.


How to report

To report illegal activity you can call:

Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry

Crime Stoppers (anonymous)
1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

1-877-TIPS-MNR is not an emergency response number.  If your call is about a matter of public safety, please call 911 or the police.