Membership in the OCOA is limited to badge-carrying officers who are involved in carrying out natural resources related enforcement, and retired Ontario Conservation Officers.
There are three categories of membership:
- Full Member: Ontario Conservation Officer or Retired Member who is a member in good standing who’s primary appointment is (current) or was (retired) that of a Conservation Officer, or past full member who has lost their badge as a result of restructuring, career change or retirement from a position or loss of badge due to unusual circumstances (eg. illness, disability, etc) all to be determined by the executive on a case by case basis.
Annual Dues (Sept 1) are $100.
- Retired Member: Retired Full Member who pays the Full Membership dues. Includes voting privileges. Annual Dues (Sept. 1) are $100.
- Associate Member: Deputy Conservation Officer and other law enforcement officer involved in the protection of natural resources, including supplemental Conservation Officer appointments, who meet the criteria for associate membership or a retired Ontario Conservation Officer or retired Ontario Deputy Conservation Officer, past member who has lost their badge as a result of restructuring, Ontario Deputy Conservation Officer reductions, career change or retirement from a position or loss of badge due to unusual circumstances (eg. illness, disability, etc.) all to be determined by the executive on a case by case basis. Does not include voting privileges except during elections.
Annual Dues (Sept. 1) are $50, and member must meet the following criteria:
- Sponsored by an O.C.O.A. full member via the completed application
- Hounourary Member: Retired Ontario Conservation Officer who meets the following criteria:
- Recommended by 2 O.C.O.A. full members.
- Has held appointment of an Ontario Conservation Officer for minimum of 20 years.
- Has been O.C.O.A. member in good standing for the previous 8 consecutive years prior to retirement.
- Has been recognized by the O.C.OA. executive as someone whose efforts have been outstanding in assisting the O.C.O.A. in meeting its objectives.
- Approved by O.C.O.A. executive (majority).
Membership Benefits include:
- Four issues per year of the OCOA’s News and Views magazine, featuring articles by members, the executive, and other contributors.
- Access to the Members Only section of the web site, which includes Message Board Forums for members, spouses and your kids, the News and Views online, member advisories and other items of interest to officers.
- Access to the OCOA Legal Defence Fund.
- Free membership (full members only) in the North American Wildlife Enforcement Officers Association (NAWEOA) and subscription to their newsletter.
- Eligibility for you and your family to attend the annual OCOA Convention.
- Satisfaction in belonging to a fraternity of natural resources officers over 250 strong, who do benevolent work in the name of conservation, and support children’s education in natural resources and conservation through donations and hands-on work.
If further information is required, contact our Membership Co-ordinator Charles Brooks
or any Executive or Unit Representative (see the OCOA Contacts area).